What you need:
- 1.5L Sir Fruit Strawberries Juice
What to do:
- Pour the juice into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remember to stir occasionally.
- Wait for an 80% reduction of the mixture. It should form a jolly tasty jam-like consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
Consistency will thicken once cooled.
For a thinner consistency, simply reduce boiling time.
For more sour notes, add lemon zest.
Round off the reduction with a little vanilla essence.
Drizzle generously over your favourite ice-cream.
Serve with fresh berries on pancakes, flapjacks or waffles (or all three together!).
Use in accompaniment with baked camembert (the two really complement one another).
Use as a topping for cheesecake.